Why run a Hepatitis A vaccine booster campaign?
Suggestions on how to run a booster campaign
Hold a meeting with the relevant team members to align on the benefits of running a Hepatitis A booster campaign.
Run a report from your patient records to identify those eligible patients who haven't received a 2nd dose of a Hepatitis A vaccine in the last 36 months.
Make contact either by:
- Utilising your recall system to initiate an Email/Phone/SMS invitation
- Creating a pop up alert on their patient record
- Contacting them via post
- Schedule dedicated time for your travel nurse to run the Hepatitis A campaign
- Ensure you have a sufficient supply of patient support materials including travel record cards
- Visit Medisa to order patient materials online
- Ensure you have sufficient supply of AVAXIM or AVAXIM Junior - find out more about ways to order or visit VaxiShop.
Assess and Administer
- Consider using AVAXIM
- In patients aged 16 years and above who received a monovalent Hepatitis A vaccine, or a combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid fever vaccine 36 months (preferably 6-12 months) previously.
- Consider using AVAXIM Junior:
- In children aged 1-15 years for active immunisation against infection caused by the Hepatitis A virus
MAT-XU-2301388 (v2.0) Date of preparation: October 2023